Over the past few decades, the technology has changed the face of education. Nowadays, students are more attracted towards the new technology of mobile phone and its applications for every purpose. The mobile apps have been found to have positive effects on student’s education and use of mobile phone by students has engaged them in learning through more innovative ways. There is the huge number of information which can be easily available in these applications that reduces both time and their stress.
Gone are the days where students are found sitting hours together after their school hours in preparing their notes, searching for reference books, guides and so on. There are many educational mobile applications available at the app store, which can be easily downloaded and used from their place. By these mobile apps, there is no need for a student wandering for books both in the library and in bookstalls. The new method of M-leaning has replaced both note and textbooks which were often found to be boring for the students. These mobile applications make learning fun with moving animations and attractive colorful pages.
Advantages of mobile Apps in the Education Sector
- The use of the mobile applications in the field of the education has led to the introduction of new learning methods. It mainly refers to fun games available on mobile applications for young learners like crossword puzzles, world-building, find out the missing numbers, etc. which help students to understand things from a different perspective, more interactive and in a healthy thought process.
- The enhanced interaction between parents and teachers application helps in maintaining the transparency in the education sector and activate better engagement between parents and teachers regarding the queries related to their students. From these apps, parents can know about their child progress and can keep a track on their performances.
- Students can refer and download all the information available in their textbooks which are available in form of textbook apps. These applications comprise of every information related to different subjects including biology, physics, chemistry, history, maths, etc. Apart from the notes and important points, students can also find solved numericals in physics, well-balanced equations in chemistry, and complete working models with labeled diagrams of the Female reproductive system from biology, etc.
- It is a free friendly mobile app which is very easy to search and download. They are available round the clock. Unlike school/college libraries, there are no time schedules and can be used both by the teaching staff and students anywhere either in their campus or at home.
- With the help of this technology and introduction of mobile educational apps, students are no more required to invest both their money and time in purchasing study material for their higher education and other competitive exams. There are several educational apps available to help the students by providing required study material, a variety of eBooks, sample and model papers and other necessary study material with a mere click.
- These mobile educational apps can also be used by teachers in their class for demonstrating different experimental models and other live experiments related to science topics like Photosynthesis, respiration, etc. By this app, teachers can gain the concentration of the students in class, save their energy and time by explaining through YouTube applications.
As per the recent survey, the mobile learning applications has grown immensely over the last few years. These apps are used by the teacher, students, and parents. Most of the schools encourage children to use mobile learning apps to improve their skills.
These were few points about advantages of mobile Apps in the education sector.
For more information, students can subscribe to Byju’s YouTube channel and check the YouTube videos to understand the advantages of mobile Apps in the education sector and also learn about science-related topics from various engaging video lessons provided in the channel.